Announcements!

ANNOUNCEMENTS:

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Data Toss Lab Report!

Click Here for the lab report guidelines. Or see them below!

You did most if the work on the lab sheet in class. You collected your data on Friday.

Now you must create a bar graph of your data and and write a conclusion as per the description on the sheet above.

Best of luck and let me know how I can help.

Mr. F :-)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What does Mr. Forde want to see in the data toss experiment lab report?

1) Cover Page- Title of the Experiment should be centered and name, group should be in the lower right side of the paper. (5 pts.)

2) The Question: What were we trying to find out? Write your testable
question. (5 pts.)

3) The Hypothesis: What did you think was going to happen
and why? (5 pts.)

3) The Materials: What did we use during the experiment. (5 pts.)

4) The Variables: What were the Dependent and Independent
Variables? (10 pts.)



5) The Procedure: List the steps that we took to set-up and continue the experiment. (10 pts.)

6) The Data: Include the data table from your lab experiment. This will need to be re-written or typed. (20 pts.)

7) Data Analysis: Create a bar graph of the data collected daily. Must be done on graph paper or EXCEL. (20 pts.)

8) Conclusions: What did you learn by doing the experiment?
Did the results support your hypothesis? What were the possible sources of error? This should be 8 to 10 sentences! (20 pts.)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

mr forde.... I am confused what my second variable would be. Alexia and I did the gum chewing expiriement and I'm really confused on this
-Mary
help!

Anonymous said...

I found a really good wesite to create a graph and table
http://www.nces.ed.gov/nceskids/createagraph/default.aspx
-mary

Anonymous said...

Mr.Forde,
For the charts do we have to make a chart for the expieriment we did the other day or just the one we did yesturday. im kinda confused.
-Kellie

Anonymous said...

Mr.Forde,

Im not sure where google tools is..?
I have Microsoft word starter 2010 and im not sure if there is a graph option. So Im not sure how to make the graph, because i really don't want to draw it.

-Daria

Anonymous said...

the variables are:

indpendent = factor you changed, like chewing gum

dependent = # of catches

and only make a graph for friday's experiment

Anonymous said...

I loved making the graph and table because they turned out awesome. This was a fun experiment, and writing the lab report was easier than I thought it would be.

~Nicole~

Anonymous said...

i loved the experiment that me and kelsey did ( listening to music) the lab report i thought was going to take me a long time to write but it was very quick. the long part was making the table and graph. i cant wait to show it to you!
-Kellie

Jim Forde said...

Hi Mary!

The dependent variable would be - number of catches.

The independent variable would be the change you made.

The dependent variable "depends" on the independent variable.

I hope this helps!

Mr. F -)

Jim Forde said...

Kelie!

You make a chart for the second experiment.

Daria... I think you can go to http://docs.google.com and their is an option for creating spreadsheet.
You can also do the graph by hand on graph paper though.

Mr. F :-)

Anonymous said...

So making the chart and bar graph online is an option? (only that and I'm done). -alejandro

Anonymous said...

Just to make sure I did this part right...
If I did the experiment about wearing socks on my hand while catching the ball, what would be my independent and dependent variable?

-Alejandro

~BrandiiE_* JohnsOn~ said...

I dont get the last question How will i Share My findings!:/

~Brandy~

Anonymous said...

I liked doing this experiment and doing the lab report helped me understand the results better because I was going through all of my data again. Creating our own experiments and seeing what the outcomes would be was great!

Tanu

Anonymous said...

i got a 95% on my project thanks to the help of Mr. forde ill be prepared to the next project

Anonymous said...

Interesting post, this was really useful. thanks!