Announcements!

ANNOUNCEMENTS:

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Chia Heads!

Hi All!

Please bring in pantyhose and knee highs that you can spare and plastic containers (like the ones I showed in class). Here is a sneak preview of what a chia head might end up looking like once it is growing.



We will be making changes to the chia heads abiotic factors (air, water, sunlight, temperature) to determine their effect on the plant growth. This should be interesting and teach us a bit more about producers and photosynthesis.

Mr. F :-)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did the same thing in the 4th grade for this arts and crafts thingy. There really weird :P

Go-Gurt

Anonymous said...

I remember my brother making a chia head :)
isabel

Jim Forde said...

HI There!

Yes...but we will be doing real science with them...I remember Cameron doing this also Isabel. Tell him I said HI!

Mr. F :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr.forde!! I can't wait to make the chia head!! Oh and like Isabel, my brother remembers doing that and he said it smelled bad =p
-Audrey

Andrea said...

Heyyyyyyyy!!! Im so excited to make the chia heads!! I just cant decide wat to name it yet! :-)

Kiana said...

I cant wait to make these. they sound like lots of funn!!
-kiana<3

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling that Cameron did the same chia head as mine because I think he told me his died. Syd and I (unfortunately) have the chia head that is going to be stuck in the cabinets. It's most likely going to die because it does not get all the components it needs to produce its food (glucose).
It will live a short...and dark life

~isabel

Lexi <3 said...

I remember when my sister brought her chia head home..I smellt really bad!! But it had alot of hair!!

Anonymous said...

It jonathan,

Can you post the other photos on your blog?

Anonymous said...

Hi i wonder if my chia head will survive long or die because it doesn't get much sunshine, but we added fertilizer.

-Andie