Announcements!

ANNOUNCEMENTS:

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Candy DNA Molecules!

Hi All!


I challenged my students to create DNA from Twizzlers, gum drops, and toothpicks! There were many cool creations but this one was the only one I snapped a picture of. Good Job Steven, Steven and Cameron!





This project illustrated the nitrogenous base pairings of Adenine (A) with Thymine (T) and Guanine (G) with Cytosine (C). I was thrilled that some students tried to simulate the twisted ladder (Double Helix) shape of DNA also!

I hope you enjoyed creating and then eating DNA!

Mr. F :-)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

this was a fun project mr.forde

Jim Forde said...

I'm glad you enjoyed that!

Mr. F :-)

Anonymous said...

The one the camron steven and other steven made was cool. Mine didn't work that well. it was fun making them though

Anonymous said...

i didn't get to do that project.

steph s

Jim Forde said...

Hey Steph!

If you didn't do it Friday...Guess what?! You'll be doing in tomorrow!

Mr. F :-)

Anonymous said...

that is sooooo cool! When i first saw it i thought it was a DNA and then Melissa is like it is DNA. Hopefully my real DNA isn't made out of candy LOL. I can not wait to see what other cool things i do with you next year!

Janine M. (Melissa's little sister)

Anonymous said...

that proect was very fun and i loved doing it so much. i hope we can do something like that again!!!1


Yuliana

Anonymous said...

I reelly enjoyed this project!!!
Catherine C.

Anonymous said...

i loved doing that project!,
even though mine, izabella, and jenn's didnt turn out as it should have lol.

janet

SL0p3z said...

thank you MR. Fore for putting me on the spot light, this was a very cool and a good way of learning for me and thanks for tha candy

St3v3N L0p3z

Anonymous said...

i loved doin this project hopefully we do it agin sometime PC



YULIANA