Announcements!

ANNOUNCEMENTS:

Friday, January 4, 2008

The mitosis song!



The words to the Mitosis song!

“Mitosis”
(sung to the tune of “London Bridges Falling Down”)

In mitosis cells divide, cells divide, cells divide,
In mitosis cells divide,
For cell reproduction.


In interphase chromosomes duplicate, duplicate, duplicate,
In interphase chromosomes duplicate,
For mitosis.

In prophase we now see chromosomes, see chromosomes,
see chromosomes,
In prophase we now see chromosomes,
In mitosis.

In metaphase chromosomes all pair up, all pair up,
all pair up,
In metaphase chromosomes all pair up,
In mitosis.

In anaphase chromosomes move apart, move apart,
move apart,
In anaphase chromosomes move apart,
In mitosis.

In telophase there are two new cells, two new cells,
two new cells,
In telophase there are two new cells,
In mitosis.

From.... NSTA's Science Scope September 2007

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I ♥ the video and the song

Melissa m

Anonymous said...

I taped this! =] Good song too
Izabella

Unknown said...

yeah it is awesome I loved it

deepali

Anonymous said...

mr forde did this with my class. it was funny barely anyone did it. did he do this with every class?????

Jim Forde said...

Hi All,

I did this with all of my classes prior to a mitosis quiz. This was to give my students a musical and physical (nad gestures) way of connecting to the concept of mitosis. I borrowed this idea from a science teacher magazine.

Although it was not popular with all students (duh) Several kids reported that it helped them remember the stages a little better! :-)

The video was shot for fun at the end of each class and only those interested were in it.

I hope it made you chuckle...but more importantly, allowed you to think about mitosis in a different way!

Mr. F :-)

Anonymous said...

i loved that video but i liked summer street better!!!!!!!!!!!!

can u please put summer street????


from,
yuliana herrera

Anonymous said...

I loved the video it was great, it is a very cachy song too!!!

Lindsay green

Anonymous said...

LOL tha help me with the test alot that song is still stuck in my head.☺. (cant wait to sing my song on Wednesday.)its to the beat of stronger by kanye west!

Mchael Squires

Anonymous said...

where's tresser?!
they were the best ha ha
well that song actually helped a LOT on the test...
~*sophie*~

Anonymous said...

Uh..hi mr. forde!!....uh..hi!! nice video! o.o! great song, it's #1!! you rock! WHOO!

=^^= +.+

-+Jesse McCartney's girl-+

A.K.A -+Sarah Mac-+

Anonymous said...

Hiiii mr.forde

Stephina L said...

mdm vinder showed this too us . great ! i am now able to memorize the stages of mitosis . XD !

Anonymous said...

I <3 THE SONG ! it was great! Do you think we can learn that song this year with the black team and silver team? Awesome job by the way! :)

Kid in the silver team

Anonymous said...

This song is AWESOME!! I heard we were going to learn that song. If we aren't can we learn it sometime when we have extra time in class? Or at least show the video. I enjoyed listing to it. YOU ROCK!

Silver team is the BEST!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, that was extremely valuable and interesting...I will be back again to read more on this topic.

Anonymous said...

Hey - I am certainly happy to discover this. great job!

WolfMaverickHuntress said...

Not to be rude or anything, but where's the verse for cytokinesis?

-WMH

Anonymous said...

I found this really helpful in what we are learning. Thank You.