Announcements!

ANNOUNCEMENTS:

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Enrichment Post #6- Demo-ing Mitosis

Hi Black Team,

If you were challenged to demonstrate the process of Mitosis any way you wanted...what would you do?

Would you rap about it, sing about it, dance about it, shoot a video, create an animation make a 3-D demo...or what?

The only rules would be that whatever you did creatively would have to demonstrate the phases of mitosis to the class. (Interpase, Prophase, Metaphase, Anaphase, Telophases and Cytokinesis,)

I may be challenging you soon to do this soon (hint,hint) so let's share some of our ideas here!

Mr. Forde :-)

5 comments:

Jim Forde said...

I was hoping to do this mitosis activity in the coming week.. (12/17 - 12/21) but due to the arrival of my live samples of protists. i will delay this activity until after the holiday break.

I hope you don't mind, but getting back onto the microscopes might be fun also.

Mr. Forde :-)

Anonymous said...

Is this going to be a project that we all will have to present?
Izabella

Jim Forde said...

Hey Izabella,

Due to the protists and the holiday season I have decided to skip this project. We will be reviewing for our friday test this week.

Sorry about the confusion on this!

Mr. Forde :-)

Anonymous said...

its ok
izabella

Anonymous said...

Hi its me mike, that test today was kind of easy 1 question stumped me. i think it was number 2, what dose the cell wall not do? do u mind helping me with the question before we go on to genes and dna...

(Mr.forde, when my venus fly trap is done growing can i send u a video)(some other carnivorous plants i have are the temperate sundew plant,trumpet, pitcher, and cobra lilies)

I havent started growing them yet ill w8 till spring 4 better weather, even though its been pretty sunny. (Global Warming)ill look more into it.

-Mike Squires